KIDS SUMMER BUCKET LIST & TIE DYE T-SHIRTS
We have something special for this summer. It will be something fun for families, some special stuff for kids & some supplies to continue to build a foundation of God in our kids.
Check out this video for some details:
SUMMER BUCKET LIST
The Journey Kids Bucket includes the parent resource sheet, memory verse card, freeze pops and a Summer Bucket List. If families complete 10 things on the list we will set up a personal visit and deliver a fun prize to their house. We are highlighting a different element from the bucket list in our weekly parent communication and during Journey Kids Live this summer.
TIE DYE T-SHIRTS
We also have at-home tie-dye kits available in both adult and kid sizes. There are kids t-shirts that say "I Love Summer" (size youth XS - Adult XL). There are adult shirts with a special message of "Be Kind" (size adult XS-3XL). This is a fun activity for families and is connected to the tie-dye shirts kids would have made during Spring Hill Day Camp. You can find the tie dye instructions and designs at the bottom of this page.
Tie-dye kit prices: First shirt $10, additional $7
1 shirt + 1 dye = $10
2 shirts + 2 dyes = $17
3 shirts + 2 dyes = $24
4 shirts + 3 dyes = $31
We are accepting cash or check only.
PICK UP DATES FOR T-SHIRT KITS/SUMMER BUCKETS
NORTHSIDE SITE: Sunday July 19 from 9AM-12PM or Tuesday July 21 from 5 - 7 PM.
QUARTERLINE SITE: Tuesday July 21 from 11AM-1PM or 5-7PM
TIE DYE DESIGNS & INSTRUCTIONS
Always wear gloves when working with dyes. Dry dye powder can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Avoid inhaling dye dust over an extended period of time. Use in well-ventilated area. Supervise children making tie-dye projects. Caution: May irritate skin and eyes. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Do not swallow. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses. Keep out of reach of children. First Aid Treatment: Contains organic dye and sodium bicarbonate. If swallowed, contact a poison control center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. If on skin, rinse well with water.
Basic Techniques & DesignsCrumble
3 different Designs
1. Protect work surface with a plastic tablecloth or trash bags. Cover with a layer of paper towels. Doing it outside in the grass is a good option as well.
2. Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheet.
3. Choose desired technique. If using wet technique, use directly from washer. If using dry technique, first dry fabric in dryer.
4. Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle, filling to line. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved. Use full-strength for intense colors. For a lighter shade of color, add more water using extra bottle if needed.
5. Apply dye on fabric, checking to make sure dye has penetrated into creases and folds. Do not over-saturate fabric. If dye colors are applied too close together, the colors may become muddy. Check backside of fabric item to make sure dye has penetrated to backside. If not, carefully flip fabric item over and add dye.
6. Cover dyed fabric with plastic wrap to keep damp or put it in a zip lock bag. Let set 6-8 hours or longer for most intense colors. Fully rinse dyed fabric in warm water until all extra dye is removed and water runs clear - removing rubber bands if used.
7. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for the fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.
8. Wash separately the first few washes. Do not allow dyed fabric to rest wet on other items.