UPDATE FROM THE JOURNEY
HEY JOURNEY CHURCH FAMILY
We miss seeing you each week. We’re thinking of you and praying for you and your families. If you need any assistance, please contact our office.
We wanted to touch on a couple of very important pieces of information for our whole church, help you stay connected, and remind you of the hope we have.
IMPORTANT UPDATES IN LIGHT OF THE STAY AT HOME ORDER
- Our office will be checking the mail and phone messages at The Journey, but it will be very limited and sporadic. The best way to reach us is through our online Connect Card HERE, or you can send an email to email@example.com.
- We have designed our blog on the website to be our one-stop-shop for information and connection. Check it out HERE!
- We want to honor our government and honor God. We honor our government by listening to their guidance and following their orders during this time. We honor God by honoring the people He loves – including the most vulnerable among us. This is what the Bible talks about when it says “look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others”. Let’s love our neighbors well during this time. One of the ways we honor God though is worshipping together. We encourage you to join us on Sundays like you normally would at 9:30 or 11 am to keep a regular rhythm for yourself and for your family of coming together to celebrate God.
A NOTE FROM OUR LEAD TEAM ABOUT OUR FINANCES
We wanted you to know that we are working hard to walk through this season in a wise and fiscally responsible way.
- We have implemented a mandatory spending freeze for all staff and ministries except where essential to continue serving in this new reality.
- We have reviewed our budget and are talking with various vendors and third parties about reducing, stopping, or pausing services until otherwise noted.
- We will NOT stop doing ministry. We are in a season where we may have more needs than ever before, and we want to be ready to jump in and help meet those needs wherever we can.
In light of the current situation:
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is any way we can be of assistance to you during this crisis, especially those of you who are the most vulnerable in this crisis.
- If you are used to giving to The Journey on Sunday’s, and you want to continue supporting what we do here, we would love for you to join our online giving community. You can do that by going HERE. If you do want to send a check in the mail, you may do that to The Journey at 5660 S. Quarterline Road, Muskegon, MI 49444, BUT we may not cash your check promptly during the Stay-at-Home Order.
- This Sunday is the fifth Sunday of the month and we typically do a benevolence offering to help those in need in our community. We will be doing that, as usual, this Sunday and will give you an opportunity to Text-to-Give to be part of helping others at this critical time.
FOLLOW JESUS, SHARE HOPE, SPREAD KINDNESS, BETTER TOGETHER
In these days that we can’t be together at church, we can still BE the Church. Let’s be people that share hope, spread kindness, follow Jesus; people who are grace-givers and hope-dealers. Let’s love others well that they might see Jesus and experience His peace, and the hope that He can bring. Let’s love those around us well, check in on one another and be a part of this unique opportunity to be part of His mission in our community. We’re better together.